# Onapsis Security Advisory 2021-0005: SAP Solution Manager Open
Redirect from Trace Analysis
## Impact on Business
Under certain circumstances, an attacker might be able to steal a
cookie from the application.
It may impact the confidentiality of the service.
## Advisory Information
- Public Release Date: 06/14/2021
- Security Advisory ID: ONAPSIS-2021-0005
- Researcher: Yvan Genuer
## Vulnerability Information
- Vendor: SAP
- Affected Components:
- SAP Solution Manager 7.2 (ST 720)
(Check SAP Note 2938650 for detailed information on affected releases)
- Vulnerability Class: [CWE-601] URL Redirection to Untrusted Site
- CVSS v3 score: 3.4 (AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:R/S:C/C:L/I:N/A:N)
- Risk Level: Low
- Assigned CVE: CVE-2020-26836
- Vendor patch Information: SAP Security NOTE 2938650
## Affected Components Description
SAP Solution Manager 7.2
## Vulnerability Details
An open redirect vulnerability exists in the application E2E Trace
Analysis in SAP Solution Manager 7.2.
The servlet `/E2eTraceGatewayW/E2eTraceServlet` uses current user
information to gather logs content
stored in the backend server. The attacker can enter a link to a
malicious site which could trick the
user to enter credentials or download malicious software, as a
parameter in the application URL and share
it with the end user who could potentially become a victim of the attack.
SAP has released SAP Note 2938650 which provide patched versions of the
The patches can be downloaded
Onapsis strongly recommends SAP customers to download the related
security fixes and apply them to the affected components in order to
reduce business risks.
## Report Timeline
- 04/30/2020 - Onapsis provides details to SAP
- 04/30/2020 - SAP Provides ID: SR-20-00204
- 05/11/2020 - SAP provides update: "Vulnerability in progress"
- 10/12/2020 - SAP provides update: "Fix in progress"
- 12/08/2020 - SAP releases SAP Note fixing the issue. Vulnerability
is now closed
- Onapsis blogpost: https://onapsis.com/blog/sap-security-notes-december-2020
- CVE Mitre: https://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2020-26836
- Vendor Patch: https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2938650
## About Onapsis Research Labs
Onapsis Research Labs provides the industry analysis of key security
issues that impact business-critical systems and applications.
Delivering frequent and timely security and compliance advisories with
associated risk levels, Onapsis Research Labs combine in-depth knowledge
and experience to deliver technical and business-context with sound
security judgment to the broader information security community.
Find all reported vulnerabilities at
## About Onapsis, Inc.
Onapsis protects the mission-critical applications that run the global economy,
from the core to the cloud. The Onapsis Platform uniquely delivers actionable
insight, secure change, automated governance and continuous monitoring
systems—ERP, CRM, PLM, HCM, SCM and BI applications—from leading
vendors such as SAP,
Oracle, Salesforce and others, while keeping them protected and compliant.
For more information, connect with us on Twitter or LinkedIn, or visit
This advisory is licensed under a [Creative Commons 4.0 BY-ND
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager.
This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the
individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not
disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.
Please notify the sender
immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and
delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient
you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any
action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly